Friday 12 March 2010

12/03/10 - Winter Hill

Went to winter hill today with Martin.
It's always great to spend time with him, I think he's about the only person who comes close to being on the same level.
The journey up was pretty uninteresting until we got the fuck out of civilization and onto the real deal.
Must have walked to here like 20 times now, it's never the same, I remember the first time was with Martin, I had this blog thing back then and wrote about the journey but in a fictional way, I don't think anyone really found it funny except us two.
Found some new things up here this time, a big fuck off lake (how the hell did we miss that before?) and a cross made of rocks, looked really cool, will have to check the history on that.
Even though it's sunny now, there's still snow on the hill, snow clever dick here had to walk on, snow that underneath is ice cold water and shit, snow my foot, and most of my leg, went straight through.
There's a plaque at the top from the 1800's about a man who was murdered, the language used is so fucking immense, it'd be cool if people still spoke like that today, maybe even tedious conversations would have some kick;
"This plaque is to commemorate..............
...........who was barbarously murdered....................
...............in the 20th year of his life."
Barbarously, that's new one for my dictionary, watch out regal society, I'm on my way!
We saw the now otherwise defunct tower light up, first time I've ever seen that, which was pretty good.
On the way down, saw the mound of dirt I called as my grave, I'll come up one day on my own, just meditating for hours on it, one day.
Had a good talk about how people give pity to arseholes, well, it was more a give pardon to bad actions. "They had a hard childhood," "This guy/girl really messed them around," fuck that. Everyone has problems, deal with it, get over it, move the fuck on, I think about people from the past, and yeah, I miss them, it sucks, but people get over things, stop using your shitty past as an excuse for being a dick.
I doubt anyone really gets that, but fuck them.